Mornings.
I love lazy mornings. I love waking up in bed and remembering there is nowhere to be, and nothing to do today. Weekday mornings are usually crazy, though we do sit all together and eat breakfast before we all part on our individual adventures at school, kindergarten and work.
Sunday mornings might be my favourite since all shops are closed, there are no errands to run and there really is no excuse to leave the house, except to play outside. Even the chicken coop gets visited a little later than usual. I sit, knit, try to engage the children in some play or simply switch on a documentary on TV. We discuss it and have fluid conversations about what is going on, dinosaur and ocean documentaries are our faves.
And well, coffee. I have a love-hate relationship with this beverage. I didn't drink coffee for many years, mostly I did not feel like drinking it while pregnant or nursing. But now that the baby years are over, I thoroughly enjoy it. It isn't that I drink coffee all day long, cause actually I don't drink it past 10.30 a.m.. I never drink it in the afternoon for example, but drinking three cups before 10 a.m. is more than enough for me. My mother in law drinks about 2 liters a day, all day long, even before going to bed at 10 p.m. . Crazy stuff I tell you.
But I am also a tea drinker. After 10.30 a.m. I drink tea all day long, specially in the evenings. Lots of herbal tea but also black and green tea. I suppose I got that tea-drinking-scottish-gene from my mother.
And well, that is all I wanted to say today.
Have a great start of the week.xxx


I do love those lazy weekend mornings of tea drinking, knitting and cat cuddling.
ReplyDelete