Simple moments from this weekend.
We are a board game family. My kids love board games and I usually love them since they give me the opportunity to squeeze in a row or two of knitting while playing. That said, my kids are not good at losing at board games so I try to focus on cooperative games more than competitive ones. However, it is good training to lose five times in a row at Uno, it builds patience and helps gather ones emotions. My oldest loves the game Risk. It is a strategic game about conquering the world, it is quite an entertaining game though a very long one and we don't often manage to complete it. Another favourite one is Yatzi.
We are approaching that age gap between children were not everyone is happy playing the same board game. Up til now, my oldest who will turn 11 in autumn was always happy to play a slightly simpler board game with his siblings, but recently he does not have the patience or motivation so we are trying to carve the time to play with him alone. We are achieving this by him going to bed a little later than his siblings, that gives us one-on-one time with him. I will admit it is not always what I feel like doing in the evening, usually I just want everyone to go to bed so I can have a couple of quiet hours to myself. However, I feel the shift happening in our family as the kids are getting older and we are trying to learn and adapt our family rhythm. After ten years with small children, we have finally developed a pretty good evening routine, but it seems like it is time to change things around a little bit. Life never stands still does it, I suppose that is the beauty of it.
Until next time.xxx


Hi Victoria, just to let you know that I popped over here to read your latest blog posts. It's nice to find you here and always interesting to see your pictures and read your thoughts... I don't have any time for blogging myself these days, but I miss it... xx
ReplyDeleteNow our youngest is getting older is easier to play boardgames together, like rummikub, monopoly or simplecardgames and ofcourse Uno is still a favorite!
ReplyDeleteThank you Sarah! It is challenging to find the time to blog, I am struggling myself. It is often a choice between knitting and blogging and obviously knitting wins most days :-)
ReplyDelete