~Inside~


















~Outside~










We have so much snow! The last four days have been an endless snow storm. However Sunday was a beautiful day when we were outside for most part of it. We shovelled and shovelled and shovelled and then played in the big snow mountains. 

And while it snows we try to have a cosy time inside. Lots of tea (I stopped drinking coffee a few weeks ago), baking and lots of soup. We have forgotten our cabin fever, which was oh so present just a couple of weeks ago as the temperatures dove down to -35 yet again.  But I hope, I really hope, we have seen the last of the freezing cold temperatures for this year, and that we will be able to go outside for longer stretches of time as late-winter progresses. No need to talk about Spring yet. It is far far away. But I have learnt, after 15 years of living in Norway, that it will eventually arrive and that there is no need for being impatient (just yet).

I have sown nothing inside yet. I am keeping it practical this year and only sowing early what I know can keep in our cellar over winter. I have a bunch of new tomato seeds I want to try out, but I have to wait a little. There is so much snow that my tiny greenhouse won't be ready for guests until late May, and by that time the tomato plants will be huge and won't have room to grow inside if I sow them too soon. Again, patience is the key. I guess one learns to be patient when you live so far north, we are pretty much at mother natures mercy, and she decides a lot of when and what goes on in our lives. 

On the knitting front I am still knitting on my find your fade shawl in a very monogamous way. I spend longs days at my office writing my thesis and the soothing endless rows of garter stitch are what I need in the evenings. I also need to knit myself some thick socks, but I don't like knitting socks so I dont know when that will happen. 

Wishing you all a lovely week.xxx

Comments

Popular Posts