Simple moments from Easter break. The weather was beautiful for most part of the week, we spent lots of time outdoors, ice fishing (I even got a fish!), drinking hot chocolate and eating (too many) sweets and chocolate. 

I found a pocket of time to start on my dress no 1 tunic. I am using some curtain fabric I found at the Salvation Army which cost hardly anything. The fabric is 50% linen and 50% cotton. Though I really want to sew clothes, I discover each time that sewing really isn't my thing right now. I am not sure if it is because it requires my full attention and because I am still a total beginner. Knitting on the other hand I find relaxing and fulfilling, even though my project is a complicated lace shawl. I guess there is a season for everything, and I hope that as I find more time as the children grow I might engage in some more sewing (but I am not completely convinced!).









I also wanted to share a few photos from our local Snow Hotel. Each year during winter, a building is set up which is entirely made of snow and ice. Artists carve wonderful works of art on the walls and create ice structures. It is really an amazing experience, and one can even sleep there! There about 10 rooms, each have their own theme and carving on the wall. It is all enclosed in the snow dome you see in the first photo above.

Now I must get back to my writing. I am so close to completing my thesis, I am due to deliver it on the 16th of April.

Until next time.xxx

Comments

Popular Posts