It has been all about mittens and fairy lights and making the most of our dark days. The days are at their darkest, still two weeks for the days to start getting slowly longer with the arrival of the winter solstice. I always embrace this time of year with open arms, the long months of midnight sun are not my favorite season. I know I talk a lot about the weather and the seasons, but we are really ruled by it in such a strong way, a bit like in the older days when life was truly dependent on the seasons and their changes.
I decided to get a jump start on all the holiday making and planning as to not leave it all to the last minute. My only knitted gift this year were supposed to be a pair of knitted mittens for my husband, but I have knitted twice a mitten and it was either too small or too long. I am not sure I have the stamina to cast on yet again. And it might be so that this year there will be no handknitted gifts, and that is ok I guess. I might squeeze in a hat, but to be honest everyone is covered when it comes to knitted hats so I may as well invest my creative time on something else! I have been doing some paper cutting, which I have found extremely relaxing and doable in the pockets of time I have available through out the every day.
And we finally got lots of snow. It has been a strange and mild autumn and beginning of winter with the temperature hanging around 0 degrees. Very unusual and always worrying to see so obviously how our climate is also changing. It will be interesting to see what kind of holiday weather we get.
Have a great week. xxx







So nice seeing you here in this place again. I can't imagine what it's like to live almost without daylight. I was complaining this week tjat I don't like going to work in the dark and returning home when it's dark again, but in between we still have light.
ReplyDelete