Five tiny chicks hatched last week. They all have different colors, brown, white, speckled, black. They are so small and cute, and mamma hen is not too annoyed about us picking them up and cuddling with them all day long (that is me with my huge glasses!)




The garden is slowly waking up to life. The rhubarb has started growing and I see som new leaves about to come out on my red and black current bushes. I am not too worried about all the old leaves spread across the garden as they bring back nutrients into the soil as they decompose.



The greenhouse has also been taken into use. Lots of pots full of onions, red and green kale, three types of sweet peas and some salad. Unfortunately the tomato seedlings I planted this year have not grown. The first two leaves came but they stopped developing after that. I do not know why as I planted different sorts but all ended up not growing. Luckily I have friends who often (like me) sow oh so many tomato seedlings so I will get some from them. It would be sad to have a greenhouse with no tomato plants!





The forest is at this stage of spring a really nice place to go for walks. Though brown and dry, there are signs of new life everywhere and I know that soon enough the mosquitoes, insects and long grass will make most of it impenetrable. The birch leaves have not yet opened up. We have had about 30 whooper swans by the river bank, though yesterday I could not see them anymore so I guess the river has opened up further along and they are able to graze there. The river is still frozen at our place but I think it will open up in the next couple of days.

Have a great weekend. It is the Norwegian national day tomorrow and we are hoping for some sun though it is cloudy today. xxx

Comments

  1. Those chicks are so cute. Nice to see spring has also come in north Norway. And wishing you a lovely Norwegian Nationalday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts