
The days have been very busy but the weather has been fantastic. The scenery is fantastic with the snowy hills and blue sky and fjord. I miss living by the sea and I try to soak up as much sea air as possible.




I visited while being here a place I have been wanting to see for a long time. The UNESCO world heritage rock carvings. It is amazing to think that people some 7000 years ago sat at this same spot I was walking a long and carved these amazing everyday scenes on the rocks. They have found over 6000 carvings and I am sure there are many more under the vegetation. The most recent carvings are dated from 2500 years ago. That means people spent time here during about 5000 years. Why was this particular place so important to them? They took their time, there was no iron or metal back then so it was all carved with rock tools. I find it fascinating. You can read some more over here

I also went to the cinema to see the new Avengers film ( I enjoy a good action film). I was close to alone at the cinema, only two other people there, and I enjoyed my knitting (a new pair of fingerless mitts) and lots of popcorn. When the lights went down I left my mitts aside and continued knitting the body of a jumper I am knitting for Astrid. I am knitting the body right now, which is just knitting round and round so it was perfect dark cinema knitting.
Enjoy the rest of the week. I am looking forward to traveling home on Friday.xxx


Those rock carvings are amazing! Have a safe trip home tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteThey are really amazing! And so old, it is incredible to think that people sat right at this spot 7000 years ago.
Delete