The tiny chicks are doing so well. They have been allowed to leave the safety of the chicken coop while we are home and keep watch of them. I could easily see a crow or a magpie snapping up one of these tiny fluffballs so we are keeping an eye on them when they are outside. 







The weather has been all over the place. One day we dare to venture outside without a jumper or cardigan while the next day we are needing our woolen mittens. Winter has not quite let go yet, we had snow yesterday, but it is loosing the battle against spring. It is still all brown and mellow out in the forest. Hardly any green to be seen yet. We have a couple of muskrats making a nest by the river border. They are not a native species for our area, they were introduced from north America several decades ago, and they are actually an invasive species. But very cute!




On the reading front, I am very excited to start reading this book. I am going through a streak of sustainable philosophy and wild living right now. Being pulled towards a simpler way of walking through life and finding inspiration among those who have lived a less hectic life than what we live today. I have always enjoyed reading biographies and "true story" happenings. I cannot start to explain how fantastic it is to have left social media, to share a little bit here and there through the blog and concentrate on the here and now instead. I have only Instagram, no Facebook or twitter or snapchat. I have not deleted my account over on Instagram, but will most likely do it at the end of this year. Though I might keep it incase my kids decide to go on Instagram some day in the future!


Also knitting! I have knitted extremely little since the new year. I am still knitting along my osterkofta which you see in the background. But I finally bought some yarn to start a riddari sweater, it will mostly be in earth tones (the blues are for fingerless mitts for my husband!). I also have a few other knitting projects hanging around awaiting to get finished. 

Hope you have a great weekend.xxx

Comments

  1. Those chicks are too sweet. And I love the colours of your yarn. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Victoria! Hooray! I am really excited to catch up with you through blogging. . . I have truly missed you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts