We went from this beautiful evening, with hardly any snow on the ground besides the frozen river at the very end, to this grey morning with lots of snow and cold winds.




The weather is truly unpredictable these days. We get snow storms followed by sunshine, what we haven't gotten much of is rain. We either have dry days or snow. The temperatures are slowly creeping above zero degrees, and I am looking forward to not wearing so many layers when leaving the house. 





We have otherwise been doing the usual spring stuff around the homestead. Chopping lots of wood from our own forest and one of our hens (called snowball) is sitting on 8 eggs right now. We are hoping to have chicks by the end of this week, the children are very excited and so am I. And the rabbits are doing just fine, though they are fed up of being indoors and cant wait from some juicy grass to stare growing so the can have a run outside.





I am currently not at home. After an hour on a plane I landed somewhere in the west coast of Finnmark and will stay here for the whole week. It is always bittersweet to leave home and the children, but I know my husband will be just fine though probably mighty tired by the time I come back. I will be teaching at a high school the whole of the week, about science, brown bears (we live with the highest population of brown bears in the whole of Norway) and being a researcher. While here, I will also take a bird identification course, spend lots of time outside searching for birds and try to recognize their songs and sounds. 







My fingerless mitts are also completed. Such a swift and gratifying project! I cannot believe I have not knit any before, so perfect for spring when one actually needs free fingers to work outside but the temps are still below zero and thus warmth is needed. I brought with me lots of leftover lopi to knit as many pairs as possible this week while I am away. I am planning of knitting these as Christmas presents this year. Fingerless mittens for all!

Hope your week starts well. xxx






Comments

  1. Unbelieveble you still have snow! Love the mittens, I like to make a pair mysrlf, but at the moment I am a bit stuck with the second socksyndrome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have terrible (terrible!) second sock syndrome, but for these mittens are knit so fast that I haven´t been demotivated by the second mitten. Hope you get around to knitting a pair for yourself.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing some pics and thoughts. I was just craving an update from you since leaving twitter/insta a few months ago:) Enjoy your week away from home, hope your kids are doing well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! It is nice to be away from Instagram, breaks are always good for the soul :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts